Who is this course for?
For students who have an interest in politics or want to develop their leadership skills.
What does it take to be a successful leader? Which political systems produce differing types of leaders? Find out what it means to have power and why different societies are built in different ways.
The academic class will cover:
- What is democracy? How different countries define democracy
- How the media influence voting systems
- What makes a good leader? What do we mean by ‘good’?
- Case studies of successful political leadership.
- The importance of education and perspective.
- Develop and improve verbal, written communication and research skills
- Develop skills of empathy, nuance and perspective.
- Understand the key areas of politics and leadership
- Start thinking about and planning for your future